Behövde inte söka länge på nätet. Hos HSP Health fann jag en bekräftelse på sambandet, men ingen förklaring:
Migraines are super-sized headaches. They are excruciating and debilitating. They feel like hammers beating on you for a long time, can last a long time and may feel unbearable.
The migraine headache is one of the conditions identified by David Ritchey in his book,H.I.S.S. of the A.S.P,although it is not clear why highly sensitive people are prone to get these headaches.
Hos The Highly Sensitive Person hittade jag det här:
"By the way, if you get migraine headaches, look at The Migraine Brain by Carolyn Bernstein. I heard her interviewed and had the distinct impression that most of these sufferers were HSPs. She has found that “the migraine brain” is one that is more reactive to change of all kinds than are other brains. This is what all the types of migraines--those due to hormones, food allergies, etc.--have in common. The brain is reacting with unusual dismay when there are fluctuations in its environment. In the interview, she said that she asked her patients what kind of waiting room they wanted when she redesigned her headache clinic at Harvard. They asked for soft lights, quiet, or soothing music. Sound familiar?"
Verkar som om de flesta som har migrän är HSP eftersom migräniker har svårare med förändringar av olika slag, jämfört med majoriteten. Hrm...verkar troligt.
På ett diskussionsforum fann jag att många såg ett klart samband. Någon uttryckte vad som mycket väl kunde ha varit skrivet av mig:
"I have been thinking about these migraines and being hsp. In retrospect, I can look back and see that for me there probably was a strong connection. Because I was so overwhelmed with things around me, it could have caused a migraine attack. The mere fact that I had these after I became overwhelmed emotionally in whatever way, explains why I could have had them.
As a young child, I would not have been able to understand how to handle strange/strong emotions from people, places and things around me. I knew that I was different but did not know how or why."
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar
Tack för din kommentar!